A roof tune-up will address problems before they become issues. It’s kind of like a car tune-up so you can keep an eye on any problem that may cause larger maintenance issues down the road. A roof tune-up is a proactive maintenance practice that you should consider. It’s also necessary before roof replacement can begin. We inspect the condition of your roof to identify problems and fix them on the spot if possible. Roof tune-ups may include the removal of debris from the rooftop and gutters, replacement of damaged or missing shingles, elimination of nail pop ups, gutter inspection, leak analysis, inspection of flashing, pipe collars and vents, and if necessary, inspection of attics or crawlspaces for leaks or water stains.
Tune Up Process:
- We will bang down any nails, popping the shingles up.
- If any nails have popped through a shingle, we will bang nail down and install flashing under that shingle and add sealant.
- If shingle has a crack, we’ll install flashing under the shingle and add sealant.
- We will add sealant to any exposed nail.
- We will install sealant around chimney flashing and all perforations in the roof.
- We will install new rubber gaskets over bathroom pipes and add sealant.
(Replacing any shingles or chimney flashing is not included in a tune up and is considered a repair, which is a separate price.)